Saturday, June 15, 2024

New Kid in Town 🐱🐈‍⬛

 



I recently had a session for a client with two cats.  This is how it went. 

Frances:  Hi Sally – how are you?
Sally:  I’m ok, why?
Frances:  Your mom asked me if I would talk with you, is that ok?  
Sally:  Yeah, I guess so, what about?  
Frances:  Do you like your new family?  I understand you have been there for about a year.
Sally:  It’s ok, but why did that other cat have to come too?
Frances:  Missy needed a home just like you did.  She is now your sister, why can’t you be nice to her?
Sally:  Why should I be nice to her?  She’ll take all my food.  
Frances:  There will always be enough food for you and Missy.  Your mom will always ensure you are both taken care of with a roof over your head and food in your tummies.  Do you know that you are loved, and this is your forever home?  
Sally:  What do you mean by “forever home”?  I’ve never been in one home for very long at all.  I’d get in a fight and that was it, I was moved to another place, then another, then another.  I don’t trust anyone anymore and that’s a fact.
Frances:  I’m sorry you haven’t had the kind of life you deserve.  But you do know if you’ll allow your mom to love you like you deserve to be loved you have it now.  A forever home is where you will stay for the rest of your life.  You will have the same home with your mom and sister named Missy.  This is your forever family, and it is there for you to open your heart and love and be loved.  Does that make sense? 
Sally:  I think so but how can I believe you?
Frances:  Just give it time.  You don’t have to take my words only, just allow each day to unfold with the knowing that you are loved, you have plenty of food in your tummy, and a roof over your head for your safety.  Can you do that?  
Sally:  I suppose I can try.  
Frances:  Good for you, that’s taking a positive step forward.  One step at a time, right?
Sally:  Yeah, ok – I see what you’re doing here.  I know I’ve put up a good wall to protect myself, I’ve had to.  Nobody did anything for me just because they wanted to.  I always felt like a burden, and they let me know it.  I liked being outside because then I didn’t have to deal with the people and their problems.  They yelled and screamed all the time at each other, and I just got in the way.  I do have to say my life here is nothing like that and I really do appreciate all that I am given, really, I do.  I was afraid it would be a repeat of the past and I would be moving on to another place, so I didn’t want to get my hopes up and open my heart just to get broken again, so I stopped trying.  I see that it is different this time and now that you mention it, I do feel I can relax more and allow the love they have to offer to sink in.  Yeah, even with Missy, I think I can do that too.  Thank you for talking with me, I do appreciate your words very much.
Frances:  Thank you, Sally.

 
For the Love of Animals,
Frances

No comments:

Post a Comment