Sunday, August 7, 2022

Family Dynamics Can Affect Pets

 


My client texted me that she was worried about her boxer, Dick, as he had not eaten for two days. I tuned in and felt he was depressed. This year has been tough on my client. Her husband and Dick’s companion, another boxer named Jane had unexpectedly passed. Here is what he had to say:

Frances:  Dick – what is going on? Why won’t you eat?
I guess I’m just down, I don’t really have an appetite. I’m sad when mom is sad, I’m sad dad’s not here, I’m sad that Jane is no longer here.

Frances: (I’m sorry you’re sad. Mom can really use your energy too. She wants you to get back to your old self. This will help her too. You know it’s not like you can go back in time. Life goes on, life changes – some things we don’t have control over and some things we do. You need to eat for your health, your life energy. I know it's hot, but you need to eat and drink your water.
I know life changed, but why can’t it go back the way it was?

Frances:  Honey, some things move only forward and don’t go back. They may go forward in good ways, in better ways – some that are still to come. There is always good to come, you just haven’t seen it yet.
I guess I see what you are saying, I just want it to be easier on mom and me.

Frances:  I know honey, she is doing the best she can, and you are there to support her efforts in ways that you can. Be by her side, walk by her side, eat your food so you stay healthy and know your life will be better in time. Can you do that for mom?
Yes, I can try that. Thank you for your kind words, it does help me when we talk.


Frances:  I’m glad that I can help you along your path. Be good to yourself and to mom.
Ok thanks again.
Frances:  My pleasure, Dick.


The next morning, my client texted me: 
"Yay Dick ate this morning! He is feeling better!"  
😍🥰"😘

For the Love of Animals,
Frances


No comments:

Post a Comment