Friday, February 11, 2022

Happy Valentine's Day!

With the changes in our work situation over the last two years, our pets have gotten pretty spoiled having us around 24/7.  Now that many are going back to work or school, the pets don’t understand why we aren’t there to be with them as much anymore.  They like all the attention, affection and let’s face it – snacks to keep them occupied while we tried our best to be productive on the computer, zooming with the boss, teaching a class.  They just seem to say: What about me? I’m here, I’m cute, I’m bored…. I’m, I’m, I’m.  Yes, very self-centered – it’s all about me.

I had a recent client session with her cat, Kizzy, who normally was just perfect with the litter box.  Suddenly she pooped on the home office Persian carpet – in front of her son, yes – not hiding it or sneaking in, nope, very deliberately.  And then it happened again – no accident, so what’s up with that?

Can you tell me why you pooped on the Persian carpet?
Ha – got their attention, didn’t I?  Nobody is around like they used to be, they just leave us here by ourselves.  Why can’t I go anyplace besides the vet?  Why are they leaving so much?

Ok, so you are feeling neglected, really?  You have clean litter boxes, good food, a roof over your head and this is how you are showing your appreciation?
Well, when you put it that way, I guess I am a bit harsh. 

Yes, ungrateful I would call it.  The world outside of your house has been going through a time when most people had to stay home.  That’s why your mom and dad were home most of the time.  Now the world is safer, and people can be out and about.  This is true for your mom and dad.  Dad is on a business trip and will return on Sunday – two times the sun goes down.  Mom has returned to her school schedule.  Does this make sense to you?
Yeah, I can see when they were here a lot – I really liked that.  I could be by there side all day long.  I miss that but I guess they didn’t want to do that as much as I did.

They love you to be by their side when they are there, but not whine about them not being there or poop on the rug.
Please tell them I’m sorry to upset them.  I guess I didn’t know how to tell them that I miss them being there as much as they had been. I know I can’t go places with them, I just love them so much and want them near me as much as possible.

Thank you, Kizzy – I will be talking with mom soon.
Thank you for talking with me.

You’re very welcome, Kizzy.


For the Love of Animals,
Frances


 

No comments:

Post a Comment