Tuesday, September 21, 2021

Take Care of Yourself


Your Pets Rely on You -
Take Care of Yourself

Ernie is an orange tabby rescue cat that is approximately 5 or 6 years old. His mom wanted to know why he '"yells", and meows so loudly all of the time.

Ernie, why are you meowing so much?
I can’t hear like I used to and I keep trying to see if it changes back but it just doesn’t. I am so frustrated, so I keep trying and trying to hear better. 

Im sorry Ernie, how does it sound to you now? 
Well, when you and I talk it’s perfect because I’m not using my ears to hear you. But when I am using my ears, it sounds muffled. It’s not clear at all. 

I’ll check with mom to see if your ears are blocked in some way or possibly an infection of some kind. Either way it might be easier on mom if you didn’t continue the meowing so much - it can get quite annoying.

Yeah, I didn’t think about how loud it must be to her, I just hear it muffled. I’ll stop doing that so much.

Only when you need something from mom, OK? 
Oh, OK I can do that.

Why do you follow mom and stare at her? 
I’m afraid she is going to fall. 
[My client was due for hip surgery and wasn’t using her cane in the house. In further discussion Ernie was concerned about his dad falling too as he had a recent foot injury and didn’t always wear his prescribed boot.]

Is there something you would like from mom? 
I’d like her to relax more. I want her to take care of herself as well as she does for the clients that she sees. She is such a kind and loving person. I love her so much and want her to be with me for a long time.

Is there something you would like from mom? 
I’d like her to relax more. I want her to take care of herself as well as she does for the clients that she sees. She is such a kind and loving person. I love her so much and want her to be with me for a long time.

Thank you, Ernie, that is a great message, many of us need to hear as a reminder to take care of ourselves first. Then we are better for our clients and loved ones. Bye for now.
 Bye. 

For the Love of Animals,
Frances


No comments:

Post a Comment