Wednesday, March 10, 2021

Spring Cleaning


Spring Cleaning

It’s Spring Time!  Spring clearing and cleaning – where is all this stuff going?  My favorite chair to sit on, under and behind.  Strangers coming in to take things away and fixing stuff.  Why?  Sage and Ollie my two 4-year-old female cats are asking.  Sage is taking a new hiding place on top of the refrigerator – behind the cereal box or on the kitchen countertop behind the paper towel holder - maybe if she can’t see them, they can’t see her? I am going through drawers, closets, and the garage.  The stuff has been collecting for at least the 18 years I have been in my condo.  I am simplifying and releasing.  I have to reassure the cats when things leave, that they (the cats) are staying.  I have been revisiting the emotional attachment to things and as the Marie Kondo method – does it bring me joy?  My home has been my sanctuary for a year now – safe from the outside world of uncertainty.  My cats did not understand why I didn’t leave each day like I used to.  I explained to them that life is changing, and we have to share the dining room chairs (their favorite sleeping spots).  My dining room table holds my work laptop next to my personal laptop.  They had to get used to that and adjust too.

I am an only child and I do enjoy my alone time – but I have come to realize that I am happy wherever I call my home.  I will be beginning a new chapter of my life – March 31st is the last day of my day job.  I will be free to speak with the animals wherever my heart takes me – in my time and space.  It may be April 1st – April Fool’s Day - but I am no fool and I fool nobody.  My time will be free to be all of me.  For me - and for the animals.

For the Love of Animals,

Frances


 

No comments:

Post a Comment